Monday, March 10, 2008

Fake Resumes

I thought that the article was very interesting. I actually just saw an article about lying on a resume a few days ago... The article that I read was about Robert Irvine- who is the host of the show Dinner: Impossible on the Food Network. The article said that he had embellished his resume and the Food Network decided not to renew his contract. Irvine claimed to have cooked for the royal family as well as US presidents. The show is based around cooking in difficult and stressful situations, so it's obvious how these lies could have probably helped him get hired for the show.

I also found it interesting that people are more inclined to lie as they rise up the ranks in their company. I guess that would make sense if you believe that people become more power-hungry as they make more money, but at the same time you would think that the would have a lot more accomplishments to document on their resume and not need to 'pad' the resume.

The article was helpful because I was not aware that the company could take legal action against you after discovering the embellishments in the resume.

No comments: