Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ethical Lapses

I thought that the article was interesting, but not very shocking. While I was reading the article I found myself wondering how they defined "ethical lapses." Ethical lapses obviously means different things to different people, but the definition (in this study) would be important. The data seemed as if it needed to be taken with a grain of salt, considering there are probably a lot of workers who feel as if they or someone else has been wronged in the workplace. I also feel that there is a tendency for workers to gossip in the workplace, and consider something a problem whereas an outsider would not consider the issue an "ethical lapse."

Having said this, the survey was interesting. It does show that ethics will always be a controversial issue-- and an issue that needs to be dealt with in the workplace.

No comments: