Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letters

I thought that these articles were very helpful. I am currently in the process of applying for internships for this summer and have written a few cover letters already. I was not aware that most employers just brush past the cover letter, but I guess it isn't surprising. I agree with a lot of the advice given, particularly the three paragraph method. I used this while writing my cover letters. I also agree with the suggestion of talking about the company in which you're interested rather than yourself, it's true that your resume should tell the employer everything they need to know about you.


I thought that the testimonials suggestion was a bit odd, although I obviously don't have experience in the field- it still seems a little bit strange. Also the handwritten P.S. was interesting, but I can understand why it would be the first thing that people read!

No comments: